Thursday, September 9, 2010

Spring Fall League-Dekaney

I enjoyed watching Dekaney last season, they were young and eager to get after it. Losing Lexi Harris, Texas State, may hurt a bit but others are ready to step up. This, my friends, is a solid squad. They have a very gifted Madeline Ali, two of the top 2012 players in the city, Durley and Nevitt and they also have a kid on the HG 2013 watch list, Brianna Taylor. Even though they were upended by Cy Fair in the playoffs last season, that probably will help them be better prepared for this season.



Oh, another Nevitt is on the rise, in fact she is one of the top 2014's around town. Dekaney's future will be bright for the next few years.

Speaking of 2014, another freshman to watch out for is Westfield's Jasmine Nash who was scoping out the action. Nash and Nevitt were among a group of very talented kids that gave me that extra boost I needed to move forward with GPR and take it to another level. Folks, I'm telling you the Houston area alone is loaded with talented players for the next few years and it's no reason the fourth largest city in the United States doesn't blow these kids up. They deserve all they can get and I'm going to do my best to make sure it happens!