Saturday, September 11, 2010

Area Tournaments-plus "The Guru Speaks"

"The Source"
                                         

I will be at as many Tournaments as possible, here are some of the dates for the Tournaments I kmow about, plus the biggie in Lake Charles, LA


NOVEMBER

11th-13th
Conroe-GPR

 18th-20th

McDonalds Texas Invitational
http://www.texasinvitational.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=5  GPR
Sharpstown Rotary
Fort Bend

The 20th will be more of a cameo appeareance for me because Texas A&M is coming to Houston to play Rice, gotta see my kid.!

26th-27th
HBU Husker Classic @ Sharp Gym will feature HBU, Lamar, UMKC and the University of Portland  GPR


DECEMBER
2nd-4th
Montgomery
Aldine GPR
Katy
Houston ISD  GPR

9th-11th
Peggy Whitley Classic   GPR
Spring Branch    GPR

16th-18th
Sam Houston-Lake Charles LA   GPR
28th-30th
Willis


Peggy Whitley Classic is always a good one, here are the teams playing. Clear Creek, Clear Lake, Clear Brook, Clear Springs, North Shore ,Klein Collins, San Antonio Wagner, Cy Fair, Klein Collins, Elkins, Waco Midway, Elsik, Deer Park, Lappet, Baytown Sterling, Beaumont Westbrook


Sam Houston Girl's Basketball Tournament in Lake Charles Louisiana will have some of the top schools in Louisiana will be playing along with Westbury Christian, St Pius and Pflugerville from Texas, I'll be there!


GPR will be where the action is, but I'm still waiting on dates for the other tournaments in and around the city, Fort Bend and Barbers Hill, along with who is playing in which tournament, so my schedule may be rearranged a tad.

WALK WITH ME!

I'm a doer and if I put my mind to something, I am going do my best to get it done. When my daughter first arrived at A&M, their basketball message board was combined, men and women. Problem was after a men's game, you had to dig through anywhere from 8-15 pages to find what was on the first page the previous day about the women. I spearheaded the movement to get it separated, it's documented. http://texags.com/main/forum.topic.asp?forum_id=58&days=45 and even though some of the old schoolers balked and made negative comments about me, because they couldn't or refused to see the big picture, it got done, my way of talking folks, Baylor has also followed the lead!
Back in the day, Texashoops.com was the main source folks in Texas GBB looked to for information. I found other sites and posted links to Scout.com, Fullcourt.com and of course Hoopgurlz.com, along with getting into it with several people on a National basis regarding the "Talent In Texas", primarily because I saw kids, including my own, that were as good or better than some listed, look at it now!

I also asked folks on that same very Texashoops.com to send videos to HG if they wanted them to take a look at their kids and I was ridiculed by some who couldn't or refused to see the big picture and were satisfied with the Texas Top 100, Gordon and Joey actually did a great job, but complained about the National Rankings even though they sent NO videos, okay didn't send any videos. Glenn actually saw a video of my daughter from HoopsTV.com, this is how she jump started from nowhere to Top 20, so I know they look at the videos.

We have a new breed of parents and players that love the info and want to know how this stuff really works, but really, maybe you really don't want to know how some of it works.  Girlzprepreport.com, is going to be huge, not only for the city of Houston and the state of Texas, but Louisiana as well and in the not so distant future, were going all out and I'll be screaming "To infinity and beyond"! Well, maybe not that far but you get the message.

For this to work, I need cooperation and interaction from parents aand coaches. If a parent or coach doesn't like me or me them or in those few instances where things have been said on message boards, anonymously of course, I am not going to penalize their kid(s) by not ranking her, that's not me. You also won't see ME playing musical chairs with kids and their rankings in order to recruit them, that "AIN'T" me either! As far as rankings go, I actually need to see the kid multiple times, so if GPR is having something or is somewhere watching, until I figure out how to clone myself, you might want to make sure your kid is available at some point. Why? Because I can't be everywhere and the talent has been divided and spread all over the city, especially in club ball and now I truly get why some HS coaches frown upon it, club ball that is.

I can pull up the stats on my blog and yesterday, I had almost 500 hits, last month over 7,000 and I'm not talking about only people lookinbg from the United States and Canada, but also from the Netherlands, Brazil, Japan, Russia, yes Russia, as well along with several other countries. Folks are looking at GPR's blog, so I can only imagine what will happen when I launch. When you keep it real, this is what happens!

One of my first stories will be on North Shore star, Courtney Williams. I saw the kid in middle school and knew she was the real deal back then and as I said before, she is the top player in the Class of 2012, hands down. The same goes for 2014's Brianna Turner, whose progression over the past two years has been astounding, Howard, I want to do a story on her as well, along with many others before my hair turns white.

I have several link to various websites and message boards, so use them. Please note not everything can be trusted by anonymous posters on message boards and my rule of thumb was to use them for information and entertainment and even though I can't sing or dance, I have been entertaining! Be sure to check out the "She's Ballin" link. San Antonio's Ray Caldwell does his thing and keeps it real and speaking of real, keep an open ear for the name "Recee Caldwell", another I labeled as REAL DEAL the first time I saw her

The Guru Speaks- I love that, thanks RG (lol)! Peace and good luck, off to Alodia!