Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cy Woods moves on

I had a chance to watch Cy Woods over the weekend in the Alodia Fall League, minus Jennifer Nash who was in Louisiana on an official visit, but I did see Chelsi Grimes and Justice Crisp do their thing, carrying over the energy they brought all summer with the Cat 5 Hurricanes. Coach Virginia Flores is looking forward to making the playoffs again this season after losing Erica Johnson and Ashton Jones, so they will be in a fight for one of the two remaining spots providing Cy Falls and Cy Fair remain one-two, either way. I've been knowing Coach Flores a while, in fact I played ball with her husbands uncle in high school and he was bragging about her before I met her. Woods is one of those scrappy teams that are going to get after it, Crisp may be on the verge of breaking out. One thing is for sure, Region 3 is stronger since 17 was realigned and that's great for the Region.