Sunday, September 12, 2010

Alodia Fall League

The Alodia Fall League had everything you wanted to see as far as talented players and teams who plan on making some noise throughout the season. Some fresh faces at new places hope to jump start some programs and lead their new teams deep into the playoffs. I already mentioned  District 13 is coming down to Dekaney and Klein Collins for the first two spots while Westfield should win third, however after watching Klein Oak and Tomball, it may be a toss-up for those final two playoff spots between up to 6 teams.
Several smiling faces were around enjoying the action and everyone was happy to have their picture taken, well almost (lol). Norman Schippers is the brains behind Alodia and like me, he has big plans involving Houston prep basketball. Last year after seeing the Chronicles All Greater Houston  Preseason picks, I made a comment about Amber Orrange and Taylor Schippers being omitted and even suggested having two separate AGH squads, 15 players from 5A and 10 players representing " OTHERS", which would include 4A and private schools, Amber plays for Westbury Christian while Taylor plays for Concordia Lutheran. Can you honestly say that wasn't be a bad idea for the 4th largest city in the country? With over 150 teams in the area, it's just common sense


I pointed out Orrange was listed on every ones Top 50 nationwide scouting service or watch list, including HG, so it was halfway corrected for the postseason picks as she made the cut, which was good since she committed to Stanford. This is one of the main reasons why I decided to go "all out" and do my own thing regarding promoting the talented players in the city. I see the kids year round, I doubt seriously if anyone in the city watches more GBB games than I do and I am pretty good at giving evaluations and comprehending what I evaluated, but the best part is I'm not the Rick Perry or Bill White of GBB, meaning I have no dog in the fight, well it means other things as well. There is no way you can justify that there are 15 players who were "hands down" better than Taylor Schippers last season or this season. Taylor has committed to Oklahoma State, one of the top WBB programs in the Big 12 for the past 3 years.





You had freshmen like Nicole Iademarco that will one day take charge in the  future, while another one, Cienna Rivera, is ready to take charge right now


Kelsey Lang was all smiles and after seeing her team up with Paige Bradley and Anna Strickland, I can understand why. The Woodlands were very impressive in both games and it could wind up being a showdown between them and Atascocita for who will represent  R-2 in Austin
Kiki Devane was letting her mom know she is one of the top posts for the Class of 2011 in H-Town. Okay, maybe she said that she wanted to grab  a bite to eat before the next game, either way, she was a "BEAST" all day and she is definitely one of the top bigs! I'm in my element so I'm having fun keeping it real, just for you. More on Alodia's Fall League coming throughout the week