Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rankings 101

Recee
Brooke
Mackenzie
Cienna
"The Future"

Texas is blessed to have 5 of the 10 top kids in the country that I've seen for the Class of 2014. I believe all of these kids were offered scholarships before they even suited up for their first high school game and it's safe to assume they will be going to school free, in fact one already has verballed to Baylor. If Brianna "The Future" Turner keeps improving the way she has, she could be the best player to come out of the city, state or even country, I've said that numerous times and I truly mean it, however that's my opinion. I received an email complaining about me calling Courtney Williams the best player in the city, well she is and that too is my opinion. I find it strange for people to criticize things that aren't relevant, it's sad but true however it makes no sense, especially when the person they think that's the best player in the city is not even listed by HG as the top player in the city or even the top player with the organization their own daughter plays for in that particular class.


Throughout the years, I became nationally known for going off on people on message boards, in person, on the phone, boy I wish we would have had Facebook and Twitter, complaining about the talent in Texas not being recognized. Even though I was called names such as crazy or I was self promoting my kid or whatever else, I was right, as usual and soon people started listening on a NATIONWIDE level. Look at us now, so call me a crusader if anything and I think I've parlayed it all into something beneficial. When Nneka Ogwumike was a freshman, I said she was not only the best post in the city, but the best to play in Houston that I had seen, ever! People also criticized me for saying that, but hadn't even seen the kid play, well hopefully you see where this is going. My designer asked me if I wanted a message board on my website and I responded "NO" and this is one of the reasons why, I truly understand what Jim Rome meant when he said "I talk, you listen".


I promote the game of GBB, be it the city of Houston or the state of Texas and Louisiana, here I come! I appreciate sane interaction and hopefully one day we can overcome the pettiness that makes little or no sense throughout this city and try and help these kids pursue their dreams, so anything positive or anyone willing to help, I'm all ears and I haven't forgotten about the Woodlands story