Sunday, November 29, 2015

Under The Radar stars shine in #GirlsTXJamboree

Jordan Ott


Although the weather was ugly outside, the talent made up for it inside at Westbury Christian High School where the Girls Texas Jamboree was held. I'll break down each of the five games, I saw enough of Bellaire in the fifth game to know that right now they're the best team in HISD and when they get back to full strength, add them to the list of legitimate contenders to represent R3 6A

Right now, I'll give you an UNDER THE RADAR Tip Sheet


Madison and Mikayla Schenck



2016
Madison Schenck (SATCH) at six feet, she simply does so many things well on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court. She makes smart decisions, can handle the ball under pressure in the open court and can hit the mid and long range with ease. The UNSIGNED senior is a steal, this young lady keeps adding to her game and won't quit on you


Marissa Banfield 




2017
Marissa Banfield (Westbury Christian) Loved her game when she was 10 playing a couple of years up, I knew what was going to happen and as usual I'm correct. The main job of a point guard is to make her teammates better, run the offense and not make bad decisions, well she can do all of that plus take a game over when needed




Tia Tolbert


2018

Tia Tolbert (Cy Springs) Tolbert's aggressiveness on both ends keeps getting better, I saw that begin to improve over the summer however I'm loving her ability to create off the dribble and finish strong taking contact. Mid and long range, check and double check. Perimeter defense has gotten better, in fact she loves playing it

Mikayla Schenck (SATCH) Watching this young lady in the open court is blowing me away, well that and her NBA range but what I like even more about what she's improving on, no it's playing the passing lanes, it's her ability to set defenders up to take them off the dribble and with her length and ability to catch and shoot......

Jordan Ott (Lake Travis) One of my favorite players to see before I actually saw her live. I caught a glimpse of Ott in a video and I was scratching my head and over the past two seasons, she's gone from just being good to really good and on the verge of taking it even further. Great size, she knows how to score and when to score and creates match-up problems galore