Thursday, November 26, 2015

Bush comes up short this time #FBISDTournament


Bush hung with the defending R3 representative Rudder in the 3rd place game of the FBISD Tournament and remember my saying "it's not what you do, it's who you do it against". After handling Crosby, a team I had ahead of the 5A area schools, to get to the semi's the Broncos had a tough one against champion Dekaney and lost by 12 to Rudder in the 3rd place game but by that same token, they only lost to defending 6A champ Cy Woods earlier in the season by 7


You have a lot of talent on this team, Daizha Norris put on one of the best shooting exhibitions I saw all summer, 8 threes, 3 long twos with her foot on the line and this included a fade-away 35 footer to send the game into overtime so with that being said, you get the picture. I had a better picture of what Tamera Gulley could do over the summer, she was solid and consistent while Emily Casler definitely showed she could get it done in the paint on both ends.



I love the energy from both India Lloyd and Beatrice Miller, they played well in the semi's and give the Broncos another look which will be even brighter when another talented player I saw big things coming from returns and that's Asia Nolan who has had some untimely injuries but she can play too. I'll catch Bush again, don't be surprised if they're at Campbell Center