Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cibolo trying to Steele one for R4




The gap is closing as far as R4 basketball goes and I've talked about the talented players coming out of that region for a few years now. With top or potential Top 100 players in just about every class from Recee Caldwell and Mackenzie Calvert in 2014 down to Caldwell's younger sister Desire (2018) and Deja Kelly (2020) there isn't a lack of talented players in the state and San Antonio is making a statement

2015 star Kyra Lambert has been making a statement since I saw her in middle school, Ray Caldwell get's an assist on that one, at the Ganon Baker Camp I covered in College Station and I knew she had the potential to be a Top 100 player even back then, btw she is. 

My first impression was she played beyond her years and I think I recently commented in a story that when you truly under the concept and you have certain skills at an early age, well it's easy to call

Lambert liked College Station so much that she has already committed to Texas A&M once her high school career is over but that still has a way to go and even though Steele will be facing undefeated Pflugerville late Friday night, I'll be there