Thursday, December 6, 2012

Young Guns leave well armed for battle


First of all let me give a s/o to DFW Elite for putting on such a fantastic job. Corey Hegwood, Tony Grant, Keith Russell, Otis Nicksion, Deron Cannon, Andrea Goodspeed and last but not least, Irving Butler.Thanks for the hospitality and it's always good to hang with family.


My history with DFW goes back to right after the turn of the century and I remember all of the valuable information the late Marques Jackson and Irving Butler, the first two DFW coaches I met, shared with me not to mention the insight.



Both had daughters playing at the next level and I appreciate the fact that they took time to share certain things with me and I believe our first encounter on the court is probably still the record holder as far as game length, over three hours and probably a combined 35 or more three pointers from both teams


Corey, Keith, Otis and Tony's daughters have all moved on to the next level as well, in fact Tony's daughter played on the Texas A&M national champion team with my daughter, so not only do we all have history, we're adding to it


Last but not least, please be sure and mark these dates on your calendar as they are GPR Certified Events and you can always check the EVENTS tab of the GPR website





March 23rd-24th
April 5th-7th
April 20th-21st
May 17th-19th
July 5th-8th