Monday, December 3, 2012

Johnson proves she's another Oklahoma product that's more than OK


I got my first taste of how they played ball in Oklahoma back in 2004. I was in Virginia Beach for the AAU National Championship and watching Earnesia Williams and Danielle Gant from Oklahoma battle Marissa Coleman in the final was truly something special to see.Williams and Coleman were MDAA's, Gant should have been but that's another story

Edmund Oklahoma has produced some great basketball players, I saw a number of them over the past two seasons, in fact Courtney Walker, a freshman at Texas A&M, is putting up numbers left and right

I recall my long trips to Louisiana with my grandparents in the sixties and while they talked in code to keep me from being in the loop, I found other ways to humor myself and one was spotting out of state license plates. The one I enjoyed counting the most were from Oklahoma because it's slogan was "Oklahoma is OK"

I saw a Youtube clip of Jo'Nah Johnson prior to the Young Guns Camp and I wasn't disappointed watching her in person as she will join that long line of next level players from Oklahoma who are more than OK