Saturday, December 22, 2012

Frantic Friday has promising players


It's that time of year when a triple header spread across the city might not be the best thing for someone with limited patience dealing with bumper to bumper traffic for hours however somehow I managed to accomplish most of what I set out to do. First thing was observe the progression of some of our teams younger players as Langham Creek battled Cy Springs in a fight to the finish. Crystal Battle and Kirsten Brown are a couple of freshmen who are nearing that turning point and their hard work is paying off


Time change at Westfield really messed my day up but I got their early enough to see EJ Bryant doing her thing on JV for the Mustangs against Atascocita



I also had a chance to see one of the best freshman in the country that isn't playing, Hanna Hopkins (Atascocita) who is out with a knee injury. You'll be reading a lot about this young lady on GPR over the next few years, I liked her the first time I saw her during the summer and she has a promising future ahead


Equally promising is the Atascocita team who has made leaps and bounds since seeing them a few weeks ago. Filled with young talented  players, sophomore Anacia Wilkinson and another freshman, Aimee Brown, these two along with Hopkins may be the "Big Three" of the future


Scratch that, you may be dealing with a Fantastic Four, even more Fantastic Five or a Terrific Team as several bright stars caught my eye. Sophomore Shae Moore led all scorers with 16 points followed by Aimee Brown (12), her sister Shatarah (11) and Brittany Bennett (10).


I'll see "The Taz" next week in Duncanville, they open up against Bishop Lynch on Thursday, I'll miss that one, but I'll catch their round two or three game for sure