Monday, December 10, 2012

Manvel ready for next phase



Brianna Turner


Let me clear something for anyone who doesn't know me or even for those who may think they do one more time. I don't care which team wins any high school basketball games, I have no favorites and there hasn't been a high school team I've pulled for since 2007,which was the year my daughter graduated.

I love interesting games and even more so when teams that aren't supposed to win actually do, this keeps me in my element and is more appealing to write about than 40 or 50 point blowouts which if you notice I never write nor tweet any mention of


Jordan Hoset


The Manvel vs Clear Springs match-ups have given me everything I wanted so far this season because the two best players in the area have gone head to head and neither have disappointed. Once again Brianna Turner is the best player in the country that I've seen, no ifs ands or buts about it and she has simply been unstoppable every time I've seen her this season, especially in the two meetings against Clear Springs. Turner and Clear Springs star Brooke McCarty have become everything I anticipated and more.

Turner's supporting cast really came alive in the second game and Jordan Hosey played perhaps the best game I've seen her play from start to finish as she has continued to move up the national ladder for the 2015 class.

Jewel Angelo and Rangie Bessard


The two move ins, Jewel Angelo and Rangie Bessard have proven more than serviceable and with the addition of  these two D1 players, the bulls-eye is definitely on Manvel's back as they are viewed as the team to beat. Why?  Because they are coming off of back to back area Final 4's in 4A with their nucleus even better than before, which means they are a very talented team from top to bottom with several additional next level players.

Arianna Sanders and Keyerra Fisher


With the exception of a couple of games against Pearland, Manvel will cruise through the rest of their schedule which includes the Alvin Tournament. Here's the kicker, should Manvel and Clears Springs win their districts, the most important of the three games will be played February 18th or 19th which will send the winner to the 5A F4

Ashlin Arnold