Monday, December 31, 2012

Mansfield Rotary and Sandra Meadows talent unmatched



By now you know Cedar Hill and Duncanville won the Mansfield Rotary and Sandra Meadows Classic tournaments respectively. Did you know that they are in the same district?  Mansfield Timberview was runner up in the Mansfield Rotary while Desoto finished third in Sandra Meadows and they too are in District 7, Region 1 which tells you a lot about the competition.



Not only did I get to see some of the best teams in R1, I also saw Plano West who may come out of R2 with ease however I'm sure a finally somewhat healthy The Woodlands squad will have plenty to say. What about Clear Springs and Bellaire battling it out in R3, there a  saying it's hard to beat a team three times, but I have my own saying and Manvel will have to go through both to get out of here. San Antonio Wagner didn't look as good as they did in Peggy Whitley but they are still the second best team I've seen in R4 behind Cibolo Steele, this of course since Caldwell is out of the equation at SA Johnson.

Stories galore are coming as I let my mind wander and backtrack through the best three days of solid basketball I've seen in along time

Finally, let me thank Raymond Meeks (Mansfield Rotary) and Steve Martin (Sandra Meadows) for not only their hospitality but also the chance for me to watch some of the most talented teams along with some of the best players in the state. I'm already looking forward to next year..