Sunday, April 22, 2012

Alabama Represents At Alodia


The power of marketing, the magic of networking and the importance of social networking all apply here. The Gulf Coast Twisters Coach Kevin Thornton and I met on Facebook and he had been telling me about the abundance of really good players he had on his team from Florida and Alabama. To my surprise, he brought his entire team down to the event and I wasn't disappointed one bit as he has a team full of next level players. I'll get yet another look at the Twisters this morning when the play Alodia Eclipse White and I'll have more on the Twister coming up


I had a chance to see a few players from various private schools including Concordia's Jessica Canez who plays for Alodia Eclipse 2014 Blue. Canez, Ashley O'Block, Ashley Foster and Morgan Lilly are just a few of the talented players who performed well on Saturday for the Eclipse and I'll get a second look at those young ladies and their teammates as they take on the Pearland Hawks this morning


So far I've seen speed, athleticism and smarts spread among the talented players but the most important thing I always look for is progression and Sanqueisha Rawls of the Houston Hoops-Bobby via Beaumont Ozen keeps getting better and better as she showed how dominant she could be. Athletic and jumping out of the gym has always been what she did best but her inside moves have improved tremendously not to mention the ability to knock down the 10 footer consistently had the college coaches buzzing about this 6'1 player from the 2013 class