Thursday, April 12, 2012

Derita Silas Makes Decision


So many times people get caught up in the wrong things and forget what this is supposed to be about especially when they overcompensate about bigger being better. What I've attempted to do is give kids options and whether it's doing an article and sending it out to college coaches or even picking up the phone, it feels great to know when you either directly or indirectly help players by being the liaison. I mentioned Derita Silas in a story a few weeks ago and several colleges expressed interest. Last night the young lady sent me a text thanking me for my help and informed me she would be attending Angelina College. Coach Coleman isn't missing a beat while reloading and having already gotten okays from Marquisha Lewis and Ceidra Coleman, the addition of Silas has to be something like icing on the cake because like her jumping ability her upside is out of the gym.