Saturday, April 7, 2012

Kaylan Sanders Leads LMBA Group


LMBA stands for Larry Micheaux Basketball Academy, yes the same Larry Micheaux aka Mr. Mean of Phi Slamma Jamma fame. This group of players from the Fort Bend area, many from Elkins, gave me everything I could ask for, not only from someone scouting and evaluating players, but from a fans perspective as well. Baseline to baseline basketball is something I love watching and when you can play man defense the right way, it can turn games around in a hurry and that's exactly what LMBA did several times

KAYLAN SANDERS

Kaylan Sanders is usually one of the shortest players on the floor but she's also among the toughest anytime she steps on the court. The first time I saw the young lady she was dropping threes from everywhere while she was still in middle school and to be honest she may be the fastest player baseline to baseline with the ball I've seen, she's certainly among the fastest. The thing I always mention is progression and at 5'4, she has turned out to be an exceptional finisher with Timex mentality, she can take a lick and keep on ticking. LMBA has several future stars you will be hearing about, I caught a glimpse of two up and coming middle school players who are close to being ready for prime time right now