Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Crystal Porter Gives Verbal



It's funny how fast times goes by but as I remember Crystal Porter as a freshman I knew she had something special, not only on the court but off as well. During her four years on varsity, she completed a pretty impressive resume as she helped lead her team to four straight district titles while never losing a district game and also a trip to the state tournament which was almost duplicated again this season. As far as personal honors, four seasons All District, back to back All Greater Houston and back to back All State honors but the things I will always remember about Porter is her desire to get better and her team first attitude which will take her a long way as she moves ahead to the next step in her journey at Canisisus. I spoke with her dad, Tyrone Porter and he told me Crystal fell in love with the school after taking her visit a couple of weeks ago. "Everyone made her feel wanted, the school offers her major and the main thing I wanted is for her to be happy" said Porter.