Saturday, February 18, 2012

Region 3-5A Elite 8 Set On Backs Of Warriors


I've been calling Courtney Williams the best player in the area for two years and to be quite hones she hasn't always looked like it, which means absolutely nothing because I know she is even if she doesn't realize it. Last Night I figured two teams that many felt would win wouldn't and North Shore was ripe for the picking without Mo Bedford against Fort Bend Austin and Nicole Blaskowsky. Williams is a Top 10 player and Blaskowsky has the heart of lion and I figured her supporting cast would bring more than the Mustangs, especially if Williams was held around 20, which she wasn't. Courtney scored 34 points, Nicole 28 and North Shore advances to the Elite 8 with a 60-52 victory over FBA


I've seen Cy Ranch a few times and I've been entertained at times to say the least. Either by watching parents run through the pre-game bridge or the return of Cienna Rivera teaming up with Sydney Coleman, two of the top 2014 players in the area, I knew their vocal fan base would be able to give them that extra boost in an attempt to stop Seven Lakes bid for their first Elite 8. Last season I predicted Lakes would be my sleeper team however several nagging injuries to Christen Inman made that prediction about as useless as a call to the Psychic Hot Line. This season, they started off with a bang but close wins against Cinco Ranch and Memorial plus a loss to Katy Taylor told me a Final 4 might not be in the cards and it didn't help matters when Sydney Buchel went down early, even though she courageously came back not once but twice, she wound up on crutches. Cy Ranch jumped out early and cruised to a 49-42 victory


 Hightower defeats La Porte 67-38, one word, #canenation, okay one hashtag

 

If you read the blog, I wrote "trust me" which would alleviate a lot of other stuff as well but Clear Springs defeated Port Arthur Memorial 79-56


The biggest surprise would have to be that either North Shore or Hightower will make the Regional Final 4 but when you have dominant players, well check out Williams And Gilbert True Warriors


Here are the match-ups

North Shore vs Hightower

Clear Springs vs Clear Creek

Cy Falls vs Cy Ranch

Bellaire vs Elsik