Sunday, February 26, 2012

May Helps Eagles Climb A Little Higher


66-39 is what I probably would have expected if the only question I asked was what the final score was. I did not expect Barbers Hill to win this game, in fact when they played Clear Falls on Friday night, with a break here and there, the Eagles might not have even had the chance to play Beaumont Ozen. On the flip side, the Panthers played the best game I saw them play against Manvel who has to be wondering how this would have turned out had they made over half the free throw and layups they missed but I guess I should have seen this coming. I expected the Eagles to be playing the Mavericks, Ozen did not look good against Summer Creek and did not play well against Huntsville, yet they did look like a state contender most of the game against Manvel


Barbers Hill on the other hand was not overly impressive against Clear Falls even though Kendall Shaw went completely off scoring almost half their points. I said Manvel wasn't Summer Creek when they got ready to play Ozen and by no means is Clear Falls Ozen however the Eagles plan was to simply play their own game and evidently the did it to perfection. Why am I saying evidently? It's because I omitted this game because I didn't want to see a blowout, especially when it was an hour and a half gap between games yet a blowout by a hands down underdog is something I'm sorry I missed however I'm sure some of my friends will supply video. The "Big Three" of Shaw, Shannon Evans and Mackenzie May have played a huge role in the success of Barbers Hill, Shaw the 6'4 dominating post, Evans the point guard that's able to keep the team calm and get the ball to the right people, which is where May came in. The Chronicle has her down for 25, other writers from the game have her scoring as many as 30, I don't know but whichever number you want to pick, she played a huge part in the Eagles flying to Austin.