Monday, February 22, 2016

Region 3 Elite 8 in 4A has surprises


I knew Rudder could take licks, watched them a lot last season and the FBISD Tournament this season but many of the players on the team have been observed by me prior to college and I expected to see them again at the Campbell Center where they earned a trip to Austin, I mean San Antonio, in a hard fought regional final against A&M Consolidated and I was expecting a rematch of that game

That won't be happening, Consolidated lost to Magnolia who will be facing Waco featuring those talented Benson sisters in the E8 while Galveston Ball will be playing Crosby, the team I picked to represent the region in the preseason, after all they have four D1 players including a couple that signed with HBU,  Sydney Carr and Shannon Jones

Back to the top of the bracket, I haven't seen Temple so I don't know if Rudder is running into the "Temple of Doom" or not but I kind of expect to see the young ladies from Bryan playing the winner of Barbers Hill and Beaumont Central and that game will kick off the Campbell Center QUADRUPLE HEADER at 3:30


BRACKET