Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Navasota advances with win over Wheatley


Navasota rolled on to the regional semi's with a 75-65 win over Wheatley however it won't get easier as they'll  be facing the LaVaga vs Mexia winner and I remember Mexia from my last trip to Austin and I'll never forger LaVaga featuring Baylor signee "Juicy"


Last night's game wasn't really as close as the final score indicated, well actually it was because Prairie View signee Eryka Sydney was on fire in the opening quarter scoring 11 and she probably had close to 20 in the final period finishing with my unofficial count of forty-something which included around 10 three's. The Rattler's Keundra  Eddings was dropping three's herself, I think she had five of them including a 4 point play along with back to back layups ve them a 52-32 lead halfway in the third


The game starts at the one and Kalendra Jefferson definitely did a good job of running the point and hitting her teammates with pinpoint passes for gimmes as well as attack strong and finish plus she dropped some long ones. Navasota's inside presence Tashyra Banks and Molly Love were hard to match-up with, Banks had to be close to 20 points and I'm pretty sure she had a double double

From the first time I saw Sidney as a freshman, I knew she was special and to close out her career  with a loss might hurt a little but to be honest the Wildcats showed heart because I expected this to be a blowout and once they were down by 20 they could have just threw the towel in  but they didn't with Mahogany Dancy and Sidney helping them make a run. Sidney will do huge things at Prairie View and guess what, I'll be telling a lot of college coaches I told you so