Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Young Ichibans Catch My Eye In Louisville

Maykayla Hutchinson

Gene Watts has been doing this even longer than me and one thing I can say about him is that he has always had an eye for talent and his younger group, Team Ichiban 2018, has several players I'll be watching and writing about for a very long time. One of those players is Mikayla Hutchinson (2019) who probably didn't like me telling her she was just a baby earlier, she showed she was not and she wasn't the only one. Kansas Watts, Zaryelle Green and Sydney Cornley, all from the 2018 class, were some of the others that showed them playing against high school players wasn't really that much of a big deal at the Adidas National Championships. This is how you get your feet wet, no one cares about the final score, I'm talking about college coaches and myself, we are all only here to look at talent and this young team has that