Monday, July 23, 2012

Bayou Battle Begins With Young Talent


The Houston Magic 2016 and DFW Elite 2017 helped start the excitement off at Alario Center as the 2012 Basketball on the Bayou began. In the first part of the day, I focused on watching some of the young stars of the future and was pleased to find talent I hadn't seen before



Both the Magic and DFW have several next level players on their teams and I'll have a chance to keep an eye on them over the next few years


I also had a chance to see some UTR players that aren't from Texas and after only two plays down the floor, 2014 Amber Bonham from the Oklahoma Magic, showed me she has the ability to play at the next level as well. Bonham is one of those players that showed me she can hit the mid-range jumper and also stretch the defense but a quick crossover probably impressed me more than anything else.

More to come from day 1, well much more as I had back out for part 2 of day 1