Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Real Deal In More Ways Than One

 I called AJ Alix "The Real Deal" after I saw her play for the first time while she was in the 7th grade and some people asked me why I did that and my response was generally because I can, maybe not in those exact words but the meaning is the same. Throughout her illustrious career, many have wondered how she has done some of the things she did on the court, because she can!

The 2012 class produced over 80 next level players from the Houston area alone, I don't have the stats on the state but I'm thinking the number probably topped 300 easily.

Is 2013 that strong? I don't know, different class, different types of players but the bottom line is the state has continued to produce a better than average amount of next level players since I started paying attention around the turn of the century, I always wanted to use that line

Alix leads a talented class of Texas players from the 2013 class who are entering the most important month of their careers as they try and achieve that dream of playing at the next level, read more