Saturday, July 7, 2012

Plenty Of Smiles On Day 2 At Big State Flava


When DFW Elite does something, they do it in a big way and Jasmine Caston and Mackenzie Calvert weren't the only people smiling as the faces on over 150 college coaches said it all. Many people focus on the top talent, so do I however I put forth the extra energy to spot the young stars of the future


A good example is Adriiana Jackson, the 2015 point guard that I first spotted in middle school. After finding out she would be attending North Shore, I said she would start at the one because that's where the game starts and she almost helped lead them to state. Now she's on the top Houston Elite team and her double-double earlier today helped ignite them to a blowout

An even better example of spotting younger talent would be Brentney Branch. I called her a next level player when she was around 10 and this Stephen F Austin commit has turned out to be one of the most explosive scorers in the state



Let me do it again with a young lady who really impressed me today. At 5'7, Jasmine Smith is long and ultra-athletic and even though she's from the 2018 class, you would never know it as she brings it on both ends for Triple D 13U. I wrote about hat same 13 squad a few weeks ago and they are doing more than holding their own but Smith is showing that even though I'm tagging her next level, I'm expecting more growth, on and off the court



 Back to the smiles as more will definitely be coming as bracket play begins tomorrow