Friday, July 1, 2016

Destiny Navarro chooses St. Mary's University



There are always talented players that fall through the cracks, trust me I’ve been looking at this since last century and if you watch as much basketball as I watch, you know at every level, talent is everywhere and with Clear Falls Destiny Navarro making her decision to play at St. Mary’s,  after I tweeted it someone responded the Rattlers were getting a steal and I agree because at 5’10 and being able to shoot the ball the way she can, she’s a legitimate D1 player however after tearing her ACL a couple of times, some schools backed off the GPR Under The Radar player however she fought hard and came back both times

I saw Navarro play at the Lady Phenoms unsigned event at San Jac a little over a month ago and I asked her if she had any updated video, which she did, and after sending this 80 plus second video out to various schools, she, her high school coach and myself were bombarded with calls and emails, I personally received 35 emails the first three hours on how to get in contact with this young lady and after a week over 200  programs were interested in fact even though  this all started  a month ago, I’m still getting inquiries about her as of yesterday. The bottom line is she can flat out play and like I’ve said over and over, I haven’t been wrong yet so I can’t wait to see her at St. Mary’s but with all the offers on the table, I asked what sold her on the program


“I chose St. Mary’s because I felt like I could do great things there, on and off the court. The academics are outstanding, the campus is beautiful, and the coaches genuinely want to make every player a stronger basketball player and stronger woman. I can really see myself doing big things at St. Mary’s and even after St. Mary’s in the career path I choose.” She even gave me a S/O “Thanks again Simmie! It's meant a lot to have you helping me out through the process!” but in actuality I’m so proud of this young lady for coming back not once, but twice showing how bad she really wanted it.