Friday, August 2, 2013

Frisco Select shows off many weapons at PTN






Texas is such a large state and over the years I've found that talent can be found all over the place and during Prime Time Nationals, I saw a whole lot of talented players that could play somewhere at the next level. When I evaluate talent, there are certain things I look for in players and I always say just because a kid can make a lay-up and hit and three isn't enough, you have to bring a little something more to the table

As the only 2014 player on the squad of 2016 players, Mikayla Roundtree was a pleasant surprise because I didn't know who she was, wait rather what she could do. I'd seen Frisco Select and also Frisco HS and I know I've remembered the name Roundtree simply because of Shaft, but to sum, this Roundtree is bad too, as in good in fact she made the GPR Tip Sheet, read more



Crystal Ngawuchu is raw but her efforts and size will take her a long way as she doesn't mind battling in the paint and that energy seems to be coming from everyone whether it's Ariel Williams and Cydni Robinson mixing in or Shakeria Dabney and Aleesha Mayo, because several were interchangeable.



 Madeline Henry showed she could distribute the ball and she and Arielle Ray were productive when I had a chance to catch FS but when you're this young, I'm looking forward to catching them during the school season. Don't get me wrong, Roundtree is definitely the key however she will unlock several opportunities for her talented teammates as well