Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cy Fair Nike AC has several HS stars already


Andrea Martinez can shoot it from long range with the best of them while Haylie "Bear" Calhoun lives up to her nickname in the paint as she has the ability to just dominate. These two are only part of one of the best young teams I've seen in the state this season and here are the facts. Aakilah Caldwell-Tyler finally made a Tip Sheet however she's a finalist, Mikayla Foy just keeps getting better every time I see her and newcomer Stephanie Mitchell proved to be a pleasant surprise at Prime Time Nationals where they finished 7th, keep in mind that only two players are already in HS


I've mentioned Tia Wright's name so much I started using Tatianna, she's made Tip Sheets for both GPR and Full Court and with her upside, body and strength, there is no telling how high she can go. Let me take that a step further, I saw most of these young ladies at the Cy Fair Evaluation Camp back in March and the progression they've shown has me certain they all have the ability to play in college, it's just that simple

Stephanie Jackson is so smooth and appears to do things effortlessly is one of the reasons she made the Full Court Tip Sheet, read more and watching her along with Caldwell-Tyler and Wright attack from the wings or hang in the air under the basket has been something to see throughout the season and as the tournament progressed it appears Mitchell has those same qualities




 When you have players who can score like they do, especially when Martinez is dropping threes like she did on opening day, there aren't a lot of points to go around and when you're small playing basketball, you better have at least a couple of more S's out of this group and that's smart, speed and skilled and Alex Coleman doesn't mind being in the background because she has those qualities needed where she doesn't have to always do another S she's capable of doing and that's score which is why she made the GPR Tip Sheet, read more

I don't have favorites, this includes my children, TV shows or restaurants, well scratch the last one however any chance I get to see these young players in a competitive game, I try to catch them because I always get a chance to use this phrase, Tia Wright ain't the only the one that's DYNOMITE.

Nine threes back to back games Martinez, wow!