Friday, August 2, 2013

Baby Lady Big Dogs won't stay chained at PTN

Sometimes I just say things that I probably shouldn't but anyway I do it for various reasons and I'll come back to that. Both Lady Big Dog team made the F4 in their respective grades finish second in each and I was familiar with a few of the younger ones after seeing them play up with older players

Kennedy Taylor and Sarah Andrews have made Tip Sheets and back to what I lied about was I told them the big team wanted to make sure I stayed where they were and the only reaction I got were these smiles. These two along with Talea Smith and Gabby Standifer all showed earlier signs of being next level players, Smith is the lone 2017 player on the 2016 team
read more

I left Dallas with a new appreciation of Alycia Shufford's game as I've watched her on three different teams and she always plays the same way, hard and physical and at this age, that's huge. What's also huge is watching her run the point at PTN and I'm saying to myself she's played all five positions well, which is scary

There to support the youngsters were some of the players from the older team and I told them that the bbies were upset I hadn't watched them, hey whatever works and of course, this got an even bigger smile