Saturday, December 19, 2015

D-17 watch Tapps outburst proves Mustangs in hunt


Okay let me give you some quick hitters on the toughest district in the area, why do I say that, because I know what I'm talking about and two of District 17 teams could make it to the Campbell Center. Special S/O to the Chronicle for posting box score, not sure if they're accurate but we'll assume they are

CY WOODS 62 CY RANCH 50

This is a game I started to attend however the Mustangs were without DiDi Richards, Ariana Whitfield and D'Asia Collins so I felt like I knew how this would play out. The Wildcats Big Three of Catherine Reece, Jasmine Williams and Nancy Mulkey all scored in double digits but the big story is Rachel Tapps going off for 25 proving what I said years ago, "she's more than just a defensive standout"

BOX


CY FALLS 59 CY SPRINGS 46

This is a game I was going to attend however after running into some of the players at the Outlet, I found out no Yinnngggg no Branch so I adjusted gears and chose to do something different. The Eagles still flew with three players in double digits however the 25 outburst by UNDER THE RADAR sophomore Tia Tolbert proves what I said years ago, "this kid can play"

BOX

CY FAIR 61 JERSEY VILLAGE 53

Jersey Village has already won more games than last season, maybe the last two and much of that success has to do with the electrifying Truong twins and Kayleigh went completely off with 21 in a losing cause while Angela Harris and Olivia Noah dropped 15 and I'll close with something I said about Harris in the 6th grade and the Truong's in the 5th, "those kids have D1 written all over them" and drum-roll please, once again I was correct

BOX