Saturday, November 17, 2012

Area Top 5 posted

Kaylin Roher

Kaylin Roher's shooting touch returned on yesterday in the most opportune time as Clear Springs defeated Manvel. Sharpshooting Roher will be a key during the season as Clear Springs has an arsenal of weapons led by "The Chosen One" Brooke McCarty. These two, along with Jo Ann Lira, Courtney Latham and Rhyshinique Ball put together a Fab Five that are state worthy.

Speaking of five, I decided that I would do my own Top 5 of area teams which is now on the front page of the GPR website. I started to do a Top 10 however I might be changing it twice a week and if that sounds sarcastic, it isn't by any means because to be honest with you, that's a good thing and it's what the area needs to create buzz and get more fans interested, like in the olden days I remember right after the turn of the century.

Let me say this, although I feel when it's all said and done, my preseason list will be looking pretty darn good as far as how the playoffs go, even though the sad part is some of these teams will knock each out on their way to the Campbell Center.

To be fair, I'll also add the Chronicle's preseason list, keep in mind SA Jay did not beat Manvel in OT on Friday and Clear Creek actually beat Eastwood yesterday, bonjour!!!!