Thursday, November 29, 2012

McDonalds Bryan-College Station field is set


Several area teams will be participating in the McDonald Bryan College Station tournament Dec 27-29 and from the brackets the field looks great. The new look Conroe team with freshman Erica Powell making noise in her young career. LaPorte who has been battling without one of their key players Elise Rodriguez, a 2014 GPR UTR player and of course, one my surprise preseason picks Pearland and I've seen these three teams once each


Those are only a few of the area teams I've seen this season that will be playing in the the event, a couple of more were seen this week, well sort of. 2015  Brynae Thompson continues to put up numbers as she added another 20 or more points game to her young career helping lead a young Jersey Village team along with Westfield  who unlike JV is filled with seniors, led by Kylah Jones and Diamond Ford., two of my UTR players for 2013. I've seen JV and Westfield multiple times this season




I put this highlight clip of Jones on FB yesterday and buzz was created almost magically.

Remember if I have tournament brackets, they will be posted under EVENTS on the GPR Website