Monday, November 12, 2012

Gassaway keeps everything in order






Several times over the years people have asked me why am I attending this game or why that game and my answer varied with my mood and nothing has really changed and notice I said answer because there are several ways to say same thing. That answer would be because there are players everywhere and I'm looking for players who can play at the next level. Sure I'll be at Manvel vs Clear Springs to see who the top team in the area will be, but I'll also battle elements to find that diamond in the rough for two reasons, colleges love to get kids who are under the radar and even more importantly, I love to brag about it which cause mild irritation for some



Kandra Gassaway isn't of those players because at 6'2, there was no doubt she was going to be playing at the next level and I recall former local star Amanda Barksdale raving about Gassaway when she was in middle school. Now at Northbrook, she gives everything she has on both ends scoring the majority of the points and grabbing most of the rebounds but one thing that's for sure about her is she won't quit