Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wiemann helping to fill up the Ranch


As a freshman, I saw promise in Ashlyn Wiemann and I recall sitting with her grandfather as he was beaming with pride as she nailed three after three and letting me know that was his granddaughter. Well now Wiemann is a senior and although every college needs a shooter, she has elevated her game to not only be able to score on a variety of ways but also her defense has continued to improve and that is what really impressed me over the summer, by the way I saw her drop nine or ten threes in a game so what does that tell you.

Watching these talented young ladies evolve into next level players is always a joy for me to watch, especially when they continue to do it in the "team concept" and although Ash is the leading scorer for Cy Ramch, her unselfishness is one of the main reasons you might not want to sleep on this team.

If you bought a paper just to see the preseason rankings, the Mustangs weren't among the top ten teams however as they've galloped along their way to two tournament championships this season ,SBISD and FBISD , I called another one right yet again, GPR Preseason Rankings, don't count Pearland out!!!!

Cy Ranch opens up today in Katy's Nike Classic against Baytown Lee and they will play either CCCarrol or Hightower in the second round. I'm seeing a possible rematch shaping up between them and Seven Lakes tomorrow at 6pm, same time as the projected Timberview vs KC game will be played so unless I figure out how to clone myself, well anyway there's going to be some great action across town this week.