Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thomas And Ford Won't Stay Under The Radar


I recall talking to a lady during one of my trips out to the Metroplex and someone was poking fun at me about being an expert on evaluating talent. She asked me how do you become an expert and I told her make people believe you are. I doubt seriously if I'm truly an expert in anything, well that's not true, however one thing I truly know is talent and another is you don't have to be a five-star player to play at the next level.

The Houston Insiders Basketball Classic will tip off on Friday and will be loaded with next level players from various classes and even though there are not over 1000 players in attendance,I guarantee you will hear about more than five or ten that you already know. 2013 Diamond Ford (Westfield) is as close to 100% as she has ever been and helps tip-off the event on Friday night with Fastbreakers Ford. 2014 Sydney Thomas (Cinco Ranch) started off with a bang and even though I have called her pound for pound, inch for inch, one of the hardest working players I have ever seen, she too has been hampered by nagging injuries lately but appears to be ready to help the Insiders as they head into the heat right off the top against Houston based DFW Black.


Ford and Thomas are definitely next level players as well a couple of other young posts who are raw yet over 6'1, still growing and their stock has a chance to go up as the July evaluation events get closer and closer. The Insiders 2014 Laura Fair (Wheatley) has a college ready body right now and has steadily improved from the first day I saw her back in March. 2015 Tiara Marbley (Klein Forest) like Fair has a college ready body and has also kept improving since the first time I saw her. At times, she shows flashes she is about to crossover with Fastbreakers Ford. Remember Texas is a big state filled with talented players and I have no agendas other than putting their names out there.