Monday, May 28, 2012

Lang Ready To Lead Woodlands

2011 Basketball on the Bayou

While a lot of people considered Kelsey Lang a legitimate big time major D1 post in the 2013 class because she was 6'4, I always had me reservations. Yes she could alter shots in the paint, yes she could step out and hit the 10-12 footer consistently however her frame led me to believe she wouldn't be able to take the punishment game in and game out that the top conferences in the country would be providing. I felt she would be pushed around and probably lose confidence at one of the larger schools and I was thinking mid-major would suit her just fine

2012 Houston Insiders Basketball Classic

I was astounded to see the mass she put on when I saw her at the Houston Insiders Basketball Classic and I had to ask her dad when did this happen. He told me that he and his wife challenged her to commit to a strength and conditioning program for X amount of time, which she did, and was rewarded both off the court, a new set of wheels, along with on the court as she is legitimately one of the top posts in the country. The Woodlands lose five next level players from this season however with a dominant post returning for her senior season along with a group of young players ready to make a name for themselves, don't count the Highlanders or Lang out.