Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pearland Flames Blazing Through

Keara Hudnall

The Pearland Flames consist of players from Pearland, Dawson and Manvel High Schools and they were one of the most impressive teams at the Alodia Prime Time Rising Star Showcase. I had seen Pearland play earlier in the Texas Invitational and I was impressed by their size, speed and three point shooting and even more so by their youth which trickles over to the club team because all players are from the 2014 class. Keara Hundall at 5'10 is simply a beast in the paint and the vast improvement from 6 footers Kaila Chizer and Laneetra Guillory tells me Pearland will make some noise next season


I also had a chance to see Cree Hammond for the first time and it appears she may be a little taller than the 5'10 indicated on the roster. Blessed with blazing speed and athleticism, I expect her to step on the court at Dawson and give them a new look and with the potential she showed on the floor, her upside is unlimited