Friday, May 11, 2012

Flashback-Houston Angels

The Gilberts

 As much as I talk about comparing classes, especially 2012 and 2005, let me also give you a little more info the majority of you probably don't know. The Houston Angels had a group of middle school players that ran through their age group and I knew when they graduated in 2012, many would or should play at the next level, same as the Houston Hoops middle school stars that lit it up until they graduated in 2005. The sad part is both teams were raided, had internal issues or an abundance of other things that led to their collapse however it would be safe to assume that those players would have probably gone to the same schools had they stayed together

Blayke Hemmit and "Twin"

Nevertheless these were two of the best 7th grade teams and the majority of the kids wound up playing somewhere. Two great things happened for me, former LSU star, the late Greg Cook (Hoops) whose daughter Aubry starred at Cy Fair and later played at Texas gave me valuable information that helped me truly understand the recruiting process for my own daughter and how to put her in the best situations. The second great thing, Rodney Gilbert (Angels) tabbed me the "GURU" and for that I will forever be grateful as I continue to follow his dominant daughters, Taylor and Tyler at the University of Houston.

Deauzya Richards

Coach Chuck McCowin not only coaches his daughters team, the Cy Fair Heat, which is pretty competitive and this season will help her be ready to help the Cy Fair Bobcats get back on track. His younger 2017 team is the best 7th grade team I've seen so far this season and it too has several next level players so the future is bright. Hey, that's a good nickname, "The Future"

Original Angels