Saturday, May 12, 2012

2018 GPR Watch-Let Me Call It Now On Caldwell

Desiree Caldwell

I first met Ray Caldwell, coach of San Antonio Finest, when my daughter was a freshman or sophomore at Texas A&M. He introduced himself and told me he also had a daughter that played so that would have put Recee in the 6th grade I believe. That following year, I had a chance to see her play and after two or three minutes, I was sold and you heard it from me before anyone else figured it. His younger daughter, Desiree, was always hanging around and just observing everything. The difference between her and Recee was the maturity but of course Desiree is 4 years younger and to be honest I didn't know what to expect the first time I saw her playing up on one of his teams last year with young ladies almost 4 years older. Watching her go through the warm-ups I was thinking this should be interesting as I was thinking this might have been a bit much however once she stepped on the floor under the bright lights, I immediately saw the fire and energy as she got a couple of steals and went coast to coast and I mentioned last year she had D1 written all over her. I have watched videos and observed her progression and to say she's a next level player isn't enough because the upside on this kid might have her going over and beyond what big sister has accomplished and her big sister is a MDAA lock for 2014.