Wednesday, August 10, 2011

UTA Strikes Jackpot With Jesseika Palmer



The first time I saw Jesseika Palmer play with the Houstonians was before she entered high school at LaMarque and I was amazed at all of the things she could do. Blessed with size and strength, the young lady scored on a variety of ways from all over the floor and in the process she left me with a lasting impression. I wasn't the only one impressed as she will leave high school on basically every Top 100 list in country. After strong consideration, Palmer decided on University of Texas at Arlington over Louisville, North Texas State, UTEP and the University of Houston. I know how hard it is for a top prospect once the phone starts ringing and I asked her how she felt now that she has decided. "I feel a sense of relief. It feels good to finally have it done with".


Palmer's club coach, Phyllis Dallas-Morris has coached or trained some of the top players in Houston and I asked her what she thought of her star player."I have had the pleasure of coaching Jesseika for the past 6 years watching her blossom into a great basketball player and beautiful young woman. She made the best choice for herself and growth of her game. I have no doubt that she will be successful. I’ve always said that whoever gets her will get something special. She will be surely missed because she didn't just bring great basketball to the Houstonian program she also brought laughter, smiles, friendship and love. I'm going miss her leading my team, but she has left a great impression behind for those to follow I wish her all the best and looking forward to seeing her play on next level. Plus she said that she going take care of me and buy me a Mercedes when she makes the WNBA. Gooooo! Jess".

Let me also add that she's a very appreciative young lady and after I congratulated her she responded back "thank you for all of the support over the years" however she made it easy for me!