Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ganon Baker Camp- Middle School Ballers


By the time these young ladies reach high school and beyond, I always enjoy referring back to when I saw them  in middle school or younger and what they did on the court way back then. Whether it was Schippers dropping double digit threes or the Burns vs Davis match-up in which they scored almost 30 each or maybe Gray scoring over 50, I have seen some interesting things by those who I tabbed "Stars of Tomorrow". Although I haven't seen Brooke Atherton play in game situation, even though I can't throw that tag on her yet, but I wouldn't count against it happening.


Watching Kiara McElroy grow up over the summer, sometimes playing against kids 4 years older than her and more times than not holding her own tells me she has a lot of good basketball ahead of her. She falls in the category of one of the best young shooters and when everything else catches up, watch out!


 I can't say enough about Faith Cook who is a student of the game. Not afraid of being vocal is one thing however when you actually know what you're talking about, well that something special. A gifted shooter that can score from anywhere on the court, Cook is usually smoking! These were the three middle school players I had a chance to see at the camps and it would be a major plus to get me some middle school schedules out ASAP. I'm really interested in tournaments so I can expand my middle school watch-list, so if it's exposure want, I'm your Polaroid!