Friday, August 19, 2011

Ganon Baker Camp-Alodia


Although we still haven't had much rain in the area, the Ganon Baker reign is still in full effect!



Close to 100 players, from Brooke Atherton who is only entering the 7th grade up to Oklahoma State freshman Taylor Schippers, who I have been watching light up opponents since she was in the 7th grade were on hand.


No matter how good or smart you are, there is always room for improvement, I'm a perfect example and when you have a National Top 10 player in the house like Brooke McCarty absorbing every ounce of instruction, you can see why I dubbed her "The Chosen One" years ago


Like McCarty, Faith Cook is another young player who caught my eye early and even though she has to do this thing called 8th grade before she steps into the high school spotlight, her work ethic and ability to understand the complicated stuff puts her ahead of the game. It also doesn't hurt when your range starts when you step into the gym.

If you follow me, you know I love talking about the youth because I have a knack for seeing something early many experts see much, much later and Atherton caught my eye watching her skill set. Although her game is different than Schippers, McCarty or Cook at the same age, the kid has heart and is smart as she zoned into each instructor and can probably repeat what was said verbatim

I always tell people there are many folks giving advice however not many give good advice and if you want your kid to have a chance to experience something special, this camp is worth it. In case you missed it, Baker will be back in Houston in September, I'll keep you posted. The Invitation Only Camp goes on later today and of course I'll be bringing you tidbits on the players.