Monday, August 1, 2011

Adidas Grand Finale Wraps It Up



Our Super Six wrapped up the club season on a good note in California and as I reflect on the talent I've seen across the country, it's amazing how things have changed over the years. I'm seeing more players do thing the guys can do, such as hanging in the air or playing around the rim but the basic fundamentals haven't been lost



This was a good trip for me to see what the West Coast had to offer as opposed to our area and although there are some differences, basketball is basketball and players are players no matter where they are from



From big and strong to small and fast, California teams were as fun to watch as any others I've seen from other areas and it seems like every team I saw had 5'0 guards that could attack and nail 30 footers along with multiple 6'3 or better players


Rachel Sussman is one of those guards that can light you up from anywhere along with throwing a little flash into the game



Hashima Carothers had several spectators talking about her athleticism and the way she attacked the basket. I caught a glimpse of what they were talking about and at 6'0 and heading into her junior season, she is definitely a player to keep an eye on





As the club season comes to a close, I'll be doing features from camps and profiles on several players from across the country on here and the GPR website. Also remember if a player can play at the next level but has received little or no interest, please contact me