Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Class of 2008-April Sykes Is Still Queen


So many great players came out of that class. Elena Della Done, who at 6'4 could do it all, knocking down threes at will. Nneka Ogwumike, another player I watched grow up before my eyes as she emerged to simply dominate opponents. Then there was this kid named April Sykes that I had heard so much hoopla about and after I had a chance to witness what she could do before my very eyes, there was no way I would ever forget her. When you see a kid her size throw no look 30 foot behind the back passes while scoring a silent 30 in the flow, you realize you're watching a very special player. This was again proven at the next level as she kept Rutgers in the game during first half against Texas A&M single handed during the NCAA playoffs. As this class is about to come to a close, Sykes will enter the WNBA  where I'm sure she will continue to impress!