Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ganon Baker Camp-part 6

I'm almost done folks, I'll wrap it up with the All Star's later today or early tomorrow but let me throw something at you. As serious as this stuff is, make sure it stays fun for your children. Let me break it down this way, I walked on the track for almost an hour yesterday, hated it. Today I went to gym and made three pointers back and forth going full speed. Okay, I shot three's, but that hour went by quickly and I enjoyed it.

The thing I appreciate most of all through this unforseen journey I have taken is, not only did I not have to pay for college, but also the comaraderie my kids developed with some players, many of whom have become life long friends. I've also met tons of people, many of which I actually like plus I've had tons of fun myself.

This whole process can be tricky, but please, try not to get caught up in it. Mark Lewis from Hoopgurlz.com wrote a great article and I consider it a must read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/womens/columns/story?columnist=lewis_mark&id=5494427ng/basketball/womens/columns/story?columnist=lewis_mark&id=5494427