Tuesday, August 3, 2010

RISING STAR EVENT



Let me jump ahead of myself, I know I promised more from New Orleans and believe me it's coming. Last week we held our first annual Rising Star event. I had a chance to personally profile close to 100 kids from as young as the Class of 2017, many of whom will be on my tip sheets, watchlist or rankings for various classes. At the end of the tournament, over 30 kids were selected by the various coaches from other teams as Rising Stars, that will come later as well.

The main thing that should be stressed is to continue working as much as possible. There are so many good players in the area and in the long run, those who continue to get better usually rise to the top.

First, I wanted to give a special shout out to a few kids that remind me of "Energizer Bunnies" every time they step on the court.






At 4'9, Chelsi Grimes does not let her height stop her from bringing it every play on the court. This kid keeps her teammates pumped up and does whatever it takes to win.







Micarah Malone has improved in every tournament I've had a chance to see her play in. She brings so much energy to the game that it's truly contagious.





We're hard on Shanice Williams because we expect so much from her. She too brings it every play.



Once again I called it. If you look back at the article I wrote about the Rice camp. I mentioned Recee' Caldwell as being one of the top 2014 guards, in the country. It appears others feel the same way as ASGR has her ranked #5 in the nation, which shows once again, the GURU knows his stuff. Pictured at Texas A&M with my daughter Sydney and her younger sister Desiree, Recee is a special player that will only get better. Can't wait to see the little one get on the court.