Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ganon Baker Camp-part 5

REPETITION



Whatever you wanted to see was right here over the weekend. You had established stars like Moriah Jefferson


You also had stars of the future like Kyra Lambert and Jordan Hosey from the Class of 2015








Watching the kids go through the drills over and over and over because they want to get better is breath of fresh air for me. I talk with guys who train and most of them tell me if a kid doesn't take what he teaches them and works on it every chance they get, they drop them and you can tell who is putting in the work and who isn't.






Recee Caldwell puts in the work and it shows. The first time I saw her, I saw it and believe me she's got it.









When I was a kid, I used to listen to a lot of baseball with my grandfather and these old announcers would come up with some of the craziest stories you ever heard. One was about a scout seeing a pitcher and he told the manager"Coach, he struck out 19 and gave up one hit, we got to have him" The coach responded "Sign the guy who got the hit, we need offense" That still cracks me up, but I do love watching kids drop the bombs and we had several in attendance including Sedalia Ellis, AJ Alix, Sylvana Okde, Paige Bradley, hey I can go on and on and on but the bottom line is none of this stuff just happens. People used to tell me that my daughter was born to play basketball and I'm thinking to myself she's 5'8, that makes no sense! Once again, take with you learn and use it, over and over and over!



















Diana Omozee, Amy Staha and Brianne Coffman represnted the Class of 2013 well and shows that talent is still abundant in the Austin area




















Lauren Price was a beast over the weekend !


Kiana Ingram looked almost 100% going through the drills!










Coffman showed tons of potential while the kid pictured in the center while incoming freshman Tory Jacobs, appears to be another star at I-Mac