Monday, August 23, 2010

Ganon Baker Camp-part 1




WHAT A WEEKEND!





It was great to see some old and new faces in College Station this weekend like Karla, Kelsey,Kristin and Damitria



as well as Tanisha and my baby


well sort of!



Speaking of babies, as I am astounded at how this young man is growing


I was equally astounded at how large Ganon's camp was, over 100 players in attendance.


Included in that 100 were many top of the players in the country from various classes including 3 of the top 2014 players
Before I jump ship, let me get to what this weekend was about and that was learning and getting better, based on what you learned. I remember back in the day watching Elton John, Prince, Michael Jackson and others on MTV however it was nothing like seeing them perform " live and in concert". Well, the same can be said for Ganon Baker with the intensity and energy he brings, which trickles down to his instructors, the campers and even some of the parents were getting into it.



This was great for me because many of the top area players were in attendance and I got to see a few kids I hadn't seen much of, this was huge for my scouting service.



Also in attendance were kids from as far as Arkansas, Louisiana and Oklahoma.







Ganon had me introduce myself and I once again echoed the same thing. "Take what you learn and implement it" It's simple folks and in this day of technology, I know the masses are not working on their own like they use to. Twitter, Facebook, etc are all great, believe me I know. The bottom line is if you want to be the best you can be, you have to work.



Moriah Jefferson was in attendance and Ganon told the campers "Moriah doesn't need exposure, she's here to learn and get better" He was exactly right because she is ranked either the first or second PG in the Class of 2012 by everyone, she can go folks.



Ganon and his staff were teaching and this was great to see because it seems society is so hung up on winning and by society, I mean mostly some of the parents and coaches, however if your kid isn't getting better, well here is my saying. If your child is fortunate enough to play at the next level for free, you have won!






Teacher, instructor, motivator, whatever you want to call him, Baker is the man, no question about it.


Why else would kids like Ronisha Major, Rachel Mitchell and Courtney Williams be here? They have already verballed, to Big 12 schools that were ranked in the Top 25 last season, that speaks volumes in itself, but they want to get better.








As you can see in most of these pictures, the kids are attentive and appear to be absorbing as much as they can.



For me, looking at kids in different settings is always a good thing but watching kids who want to get better is a blast. I'll break the camp down this week and let you in on some hot news, for free!