Wednesday, March 28, 2018

2018 Shooting 4 Da Cure 7th Grade Division provides excitement

It's always good to get a second look and even when you already know, you still might have missed something and Katy Rebels King definitely left a lasting impression a few weeks ago in the Rice Tournament, their Big Three of Fiyin Adeleye, Loghan Johnson and Emma Potts are solid to say the least read more

The Rebels are a tough team and they put it together to win the 7th Grade Division defeating a tough Texas Elite Warrior squad in the championship but I caught their game against B4D1 and Adeleye showed me even more as she's on the verge of something big. She's powerful and can take control on the inside and I'm talking about both ends of the court. Several B4D1 got after it including Brenda Torres and Sarina Arceneaux, love their upside

League City Defenders were scrappy and played baseline to baseline throughout the event in the games I caught while Texas Elite Warriors 2023 is a group that I'm watching for the 3rd year in a row and that says a lot since they're this young but one thing I always look for in players and that's progression and I definitely see that. Khloe Vaughn is a 6th grader playing up, long and athletic that gets to the basket whenever she wants but she already gets it


Kennedi Archie, Olivia Drummer, Sarah Woods and Harper Biley round out the starting five , all have shown improvement and there isn't any let down with the next group as this picture captures Kandace Williams and Erin Lloyd and a glimpse of Emma Gibbs but the glimpses I had of several players, including Grace Santasiero assures me that I will be keeping my eyes on this squad