Monday, March 26, 2018

2018 Shooting 4 Da Cure 5/6th had promising players



It's always great to see upcoming talented players and I certainly was more than pleased at catching Texas Adidas Elite D'Addieco with his array of talented young players as they breezed through the field to win the division but I also saw some other teams with some young ladies that are going to make some noise like Superstar Clippers, the runner up as well as DC Queens 2026 who were playing up, up and away and a new start-up squad, Power Basketball. I appreciate those clubs that sent in their rosters, as brilliant as I am in evaluating the girl's game, I can't do anything without at least names and numbers but here are some of the standouts from the event

Ruke Ogbequire (Texas Adidas Elite D'Addieco) already gets "it" as she plays the passing lane and attacks relentlessly but even more impressive is her speed and speed with the ball as she is definitely under control and already knows how to create her shot

Melinda Winston ( Texas Adidas Elite D'Addieco) 6th grade, almost 6'0 feet and strong body tells me "next level" is written all over this young lady. How high she goes depends her, right now she rebounds, runs the floor and finishes which has her in good shape

Caitlyn D'Addieco ( Texas Adidas Elite D'Addieco) I hadn't seen her in a couple of years, watched her sister forever so I was beaming when I looked at the roster and realized it was HER. Attqacks the basket and finishes with contact, creates shot under pressure and makes good decisions 


Morgan Allen ( Power Basketball) I don't know what impresses me more about her, the fact that she's ultra-athletic or she's a track star that just started playing a few weeks ago. She handles the ball in the open court under pressure, gets to the basket strong and finishes stronger but her upside is scary

Kalyn Toussaint ( Houston DC Queens 2026) size don't matter when you can play, she can PLAY and this young lady is only in the 4th grade but trust me, you are going to be hearing a whole lot about her down the road. Creates shot under pressure, changes direction going full speed and has a nice stop and pop already 

Jaleigh Wilson ( Houston DC Queens 2026) good size, gets to the basket effortlessly and finishes with players hanging on her. Also rebounds on both ends but her basketball IQ at this stage of her career probably impressed me more than the other attributes I listed 

Superstar Clippers- array of athletic players that just after it baseline to baseline